Many of the false statements you read are provided and marketed by companies that manufacture and / or sell water filter machines. It is unfortunate that some of these companies still use this incorrect information as scare tactics so to sell their own products.
Luckily over the last 15 years consumers have been able to do their own research online so they are in a more informed position to make an informed choice.
Show me credible scientific evidence please! Ok, here goes...
Water distillation facts
- Water distillation is known to remove the broadest range of contaminants over any other water treatment system
- Water distillation is the most effective method for the removal of organic, inorganic and biological (bacteria, viruses, etc.) contaminants
- Distilled water is CLOSEST to that of definition of PURE DRINKING WATER H20
- Perfectly natural water being odourless, colourless and tasteless it is the only natural solvent that can be taken into the body without damage to the tissues
- It can act as a solvent in the body by dissolving nutrients so they can be assimilated and taken into every cell.
- Toxins in the body can be removed as it dissolves the cell wastes
- Helps to dissolve inorganic minerals lodged in the tissues of the body eliminating substances while purifying the body.
- Unlike tap water leaves no residue when entering the body nor does it leach out organic body minerals
- Distilled water is the most ideal water for all humans and animals
- An ideal liquid for efficient functioning of the lungs, liver and all other vital organs.
- Due to its purity, drug prescriptions are formulated with distilled water.
What distilled water treats
Water distillation is an effective process for producing highly treated drinking water and can significantly reduce levels of sediment, metals, and biological contaminants unable to travel out of the boiling. This can include:
- Atracine (Herbicide/pesticides)
- Biological contaminants (bacteria, viruses, and water-borne cysts like cryptosporidium)
- Trichloroethylene (TCE)
Also, our water distillation system with carbon filtration is also effective for treating aesthetic (taste and odour) drinking water contaminants like chlorine or iron bacteria, which lead to unpleasant tastes.
Mother nature's 'Hydrologic Cycle'
Remember, distillation is as old as mother nature’s ‘Hydrologic Cycle’. This natural distillation method involves the sun heating the water on the earth's surface. The water is then turned into a vapour and rises while leaving contaminants behind before forming clouds. As the upper atmosphere drops in temperature the vapours cool and convert back to water to form droplets of water. When these water droplets drop to the earth's surface, as snow or rain (precipitation), the cycle repeats again.
When did we start understanding and using distillation?
Greek sailors used a form of distillation as they were known to hang sponges over pots of boiling sea (salt) water. The sailors would then squeeze out the collected water from the sponges. They found that the water squeezed out from the sponges contained no salt and was drinkable. Even today, US Navy uses distilled water derived from sea water for drinking water on-board ships.
To replicate Nature's "Hydrologic Cycle" method of producing pure water Water Distillers today are simply a man-made form of this cycle and used to remove many different kinds of contaminants including biological contaminants such as bacteria and viruses.